The Meaning of Shelter in Place
- Go to the grocery store (try to send one person at a time when possible)
- Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
- Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others in the community
- Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
YOU SHOULD NOT…
- Gather in groups and get together with friends.
- Have play dates for kids.
- Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
- Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out (keep it at more than 6 feet)
- Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facilities