Please check with your city regarding specific rules.
Many requirements are county-wide, but some may have changed.
These requirements are for Waco only.
Face coverings and/or masks required for commercial businesses in Waco
For a business to be compliant in Waco:
- You must adopt a Health and Safety Policy as described in the order. At a minimum, the policy must require all employees and visitors to wear a face covering in your business when you cannot ensure sufficient social/physical distancing (6 feet between persons from different households).
- You must notify your employees and visitors of the policy by posting signage in a conspicuous location (for example, at the entrance to the business, in employee breakrooms, at job sites, and at points of sale). TEMPLATE SIGNS FOR PRINT BELOW.
- You must implement the policy by:
- Notifying your employees and visitors of the policy;
- Requiring your employees to wear a face covering while at work when maintaining sufficient physical distance from another person is impossible or unlikely; and
- Requiring visitors to wear a face covering when visiting your business or facilities.
Any concerns about enforcement (in Waco) can call (254) 750-5970.
Face coverings do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
- When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside.
- While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver.
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk.
- NOTE: For privacy reasons, people can voluntarily disclose their medical condition to the business and it would be at the discretion of the business as to whether they allow entry.
- While operating outdoor equipment or pumping gas.
- While in a building or participating in an activity that requires security surveillance, screening, or identification, for example, banks. When consuming food or drink.
- Churches and places of worship are not considered commercial businesses; therefore this order does not apply to them. (Addressed in paragraph 3.)
- We do hope they will consider wearing face coverings as a best practice, however.
Questions? Concerns about safety?
Please call (254) 750-5970.
McLennan County questions about enforcement: (254) 757-5049.
Governor Abbott's Phased Approach to Reopening
Waco and McLennan County are following the phased approach set forth by the State of Texas.